Sunscreen For Black Girls


As a black woman I never thought I needed sunscreen. However, that all changed one afternoon after a visit to the doctor's office following my decision to get on Accutane to clear my acne. During this visit, I was told I would need to keep my self hydrated, my lips and face moisturised but most importantly use SPF 50. This was recommended to reduce my chances of getting sunburned. There are of course additional benefits to using sunscreen (i.e. reducing your chances of getting skin cancer), which you can find more about here.

However, finding the right sunscreen for my skin tone and skin type was not an easy process. I believe this because in large part beauty brands are aware that many black people do not use sunscreen which is why many of these brands don't cater to us.
_________________________________________________________________________________

According to The American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 63% of African-American never use sunscreen.
_________________________________________________________________________________

From personal experience, the first 2 to 3 sunscreen lotions I tried were horrendous. The formulas were either too greasy or left a white cast on my face. However after much research. Which generally included me watching reviews on YouTube and reading reviews on Influenster and Amazon and testing these products in-store I've been able to find products that are just amazing and work well for me as a woman of colour.

The first product I tried that worked for me was by Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch but I could only get it on Amazon.


But I wanted something more convenient. I needed something I could walk into the store and pick up - that's when I came across La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Comfort Cream SPF 50+.


Of course, since I've been able to find two products that work well for me I've not felt compelled to try and other sunscreen lotion. Which is my #1 go to.

However, if you are not totally convinced and want to try another type of sunscreen for I would suggest. Any one of the following products:



Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Lotion SPF 50

Paula's Choice Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 50
https://amzn.to/2PfAxDH

Glossier Invisible Shield Daily Sunscreen SPF 35
http://bit.ly/2tesTAX

Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40
https://amzn.to/38y6Dlw


Sunscreen for dark skin tone
Sunscreen for people of color
Sunscreen for black women

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Could Instagram Be Removing The Like Button?

Lyft To Offer Customers Rides At Discounted Prices and More